Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hello World

Hello, hello!  My name is Michelle, yes I was named after a Beatles' song.  I know everyone goes through a stage where they hate their name, but I never went through that.  I love my name and I think it suits me perfectly (good job, Mom!) and I have always felt that way.  Probably because the Beatles are awesome.  I am more of a Rolling Stones fan, though (pics to come). 

Well, you probably guessed by the title of my little blog here that I love to sew and read.  Reading has been a lifelong passion of mine.  I started reading at a very young age.  I started reading the Little Babysitter's Club when I was in kindergarten.  I went from reading those books to Stephen King and when I got into 5th grade, I read my first classic literature book: Pride and Prejudice.  Which then started a book snobbery until I was a senior in high school.  I kind of refused to read any book that was not considered a classic. 

As for sewing, this a new passion of mine.  I started sewing in the summer of 2010. I have come a long way from then.  However, I want to improve on my craft.  I read a lot of sewing blogs (see side bar...yes, I know that there are a lot of blogs...DON'T JUDGE ME! <insert shameful sobbing here>) and I have always wanted to start my own blog.  Plus, creating and maintaining a craft blog is on my New Year's Resolution list.

So, this is me and I hope you like my sewing and whatnot!

No comments:

Post a Comment